Saturday 6 August 2011

Armand returns

I give lots of different things names I always have but they have to fit; for example we used to have an Austin 1800 that was blue, British and frequently smoked like a chimney so we called it Winston, the mini that was small and for its size caused inordinate amounts of trouble was named Montmerency (after the dog in Three Men in a Boat). Leading on from that the laptop I am currently writing this on is named for a character in the book I have been writing for years as it like the character looks fairly anonymous and my other laptop a wonderful white Toshiba is called Armand.
Well Armand has been away for nearly a year being repaired and returned yesterday with a new hard drive and an uncracked screen. This is wonderful as I can now have a laptop upstairs and not have to keep carrying one up and down - a risky business if you are far from steady on your pins due to osteoarthritis. However, re-establishing all the programs, shortcuts, web links not to mention the pictures and documents has taken the best part of 2 days, is far from being a finished task but I am seriously bored of it.
So I shall turn my attention to textile matters...............

No comments:

Post a Comment